Revised: September 1, 2023
Welcome to cqwwrtty.com operated by the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation. We value your privacy and
disclose, and safeguard your information when you visit our website or submit an entry for the CQ WW
2. Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information: When you submit a log entry for the contest or contact us, we may collect your
name, amateur radio callsign, email address, mailing address, and other identifying information.
- Entry Data: When you submit a log entry for the contest, in addition to the personal information above,
we may also collect other information relevant to the entry including equipment and antenna details
(including output power), and the names and callsigns of individuals operating the station during
- Usage Data: We may collect information about your interactions with this website, such as your IP
address, browser type, pages visited, and the date and time of your visits.
website and gather data about how you use our site.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use your information for various purposes related to the CQ WW RTTY Contest or this website,
including entry processing, website monitoring, and communication with you.
A. Log Entry Processing
- We will use the information in your log to cross-check your entry against other contest entries
- We will score and/or rescore your entry to ensure a common basis for scoring
- We will publish, republish and distribute your score either separately or combined with other
entrants’ scores by any means including paper and electronic
- We may publish your callsign, country, CQ zone, US state or Canadian province, number of contacts,
number of multipliers, score, category of entry, club name, and comments provided in the Soapbox
portion of your log as part of the results of this contest
- We will amend, publish, republish, print, and otherwise distribute (by any means including paper
or electronic) your entry either in its original format, in any other suitable format with or without
modifications including publishing your entry as part of the ‘Public Logs’ for this contest
- We will permit the use of your entry as part of the ‘Public Logs’ by other contest sponsors
and/or organisers to enable them to create other contest results
- We will use the contact information in your entry to contact you by post, email or telephone if
there is an issue with your entry or log submission that requires clarification
- We will use the contact information in the entry to contact you by post, email or telephone if
you have won an award, trophy or certificate.
We may retain your entry in its original format and in any other suitable format with or without
modification for a period of not less than ten (10) years.
B. Website Monitoring and Improvement
- Analyzing usage patterns to enhance our website and user experience.
- Providing and improving our website's functionality and services.
- Communicating with you and responding to your inquiries.
- Complying with legal obligations and protecting our rights.
4. Sharing Your Information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- With members of the CQ WW RTTY Contest Committee
that are involved in processing, scoring, or creating the results of the contest.
- With sponsors and partners who assist us in publishing
results of the contest.
- In response to legal requests, such as court orders or government regulations.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and that of our users.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
5. Your Choices
You have the following choices regarding your information:
- You can adjust your browser settings to reject cookies, but this may affect your ability to use
certain features of our website.
- You can choose not to provide name or mailing address when you submit a log entry for the contest.
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or
alteration. However, no method of data transmission over the internet is completely secure.
with a revised effective date.
8. Contact Us